take back the night 2019

every year the rape crisis center hosts a “take back the night” event in san antonio, texas.
this year the event was held on thursday, april 11 at san antonio college. i was invited to share some poems on the theme of healing, reclaiming the night, and awareness.

since april is also sexual assault awareness month, raine poetry hosts a donation giveaway to benefit the rape crisis center. 70% of the donations went directly towards the rcc, the other 30% went to launching raine poetry publishing co. 2019 stats: $122 to the rcc and $51 to raine publishing!

the poems that i read for the “take back the night” event can be found below in images that you’re free to share (please tag me if you share them @rainepoetry). a pdf for easy reading can be found by clicking the button below.

which poems are your favorite and why? leave a comment, i’d love to see what you all think! as always, thank you for your support in both the donation giveaway and the sharing of my writings!

may you find bravery, peace, awareness, and tenderness in these poems.

Cheyenne RaineComment